Assessment plays a major role in how students learn, their motivation to learn, and how teachers teach. Assessment for learning: where assessment helps teachers gain insight into what students understand in order to plan and guide instruction, and provide helpful feedback to students.
As our school is affiliated to CBSE, the Assessment and Evaluation is as per the guidelines of CBSE.
- There is no formal assessment for classes Nursery to KG II.
Classes I to V
- There are three Evaluations for the whole academic session.
- Orals for various subjects are conducted during the regular classes.
- Assessment of Languages are based on Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking Skills.
- Concept and Activity based assessment is done in Mathematics and EVS.
- Along with Orals written test is conducted in each Evaluation.
Promotion of the students is as per RTE Act (Gujarat Government).
Classes VI to VIII
- The assessment structure and examination for classes VI to VIII comprises two terms i.e. Term-1 and 2.
TERM-1 (100 marks) (1st half of the session)
- 20 marks Internal Assessment + 80 marks for Half Yearly Exam
- TERM-2 (100 marks) (2nd half of the session)
- 20 marks Periodic Assessment +80 marks for Annual Exam
Internal Assessment 20 marks
- Periodic Test 5 marks + Portfolio 5 marks + Sub Enrichment 5 marks + Multiple Assessment 5 marks.
Subject Enrichment Activities:
- Languages: Reading, Writing, listening and speaking skills.
- Mathematics: Lab activities
- Science: Practical work and activities
- Social Science: Map or the project work
Half Yearly / Annual Exam
- Half Yearly Written exam for 40 marks
- Annual Exam Written exam for 80 marks with syllabus coverage as below:
- Class VI: 10% of 1st term covering significant topics + entire syllabus of 2nd term
- Class VII: 20% of 1st term covering significant topics + entire syllabus of 2nd term
- Class VIII: 30% of 1st term covering significant topics + entire syllabus of 2nd term
- (a) Work Education (b) Art Education (c) Health and Physical Education; Discipline
- Promotion of the students is as per RTE Act (Gujarat Government)
Classes IX and X
- Annual/Board Examination is for 80 marks in each subject covering 100% syllabus of the subject and 20 Marks Internal Assessment:
Internal assessment consists of
- Periodic Test:
1.1. Three Periodic Tests are conducted in each subject.
1.2. Average of the best two tests out of 5 marks is taken for Internal Assessment.
- Portfolio holds 5 marks for Internal Assessment
- Subject Enrichment Activity adds 5 marks to Internal Assessment
(a) Speaking and listening skills in Language Subjects
(b) Practical lab work in Science.
(c) Math lab practical in Mathematics.
(d) Map work and project work in Social Science
4.Multiple Assessment holds 5 marks for Internal Assessment
- Class IX & X Assessment of students and promotion to next class is done as per CBSE norms.
Classes XI and XII
There are two periodic tests, Half Yearly Examination and Annual / Board Examination in the whole academic year.
Half Yearly and Annual exam – Theory + Practical
- Pass percentage in subject “33% in theory as well as in practical separately.
- Students getting less than 33% marks in only one subject (theory or practical or both) are given a chance to appear for retest in that subject. Promotion is based on the marks scored in the retest in that subject.
- Students getting less than 33% marks in two or more than two subjects are not promoted irrespective of the aggregate.
- Assessment of students and promotion is done as per CBSE norms.
- It is mandatory for Students to have 75% attendance to appear in the Annual Exam /Board Exam.
- Parents can apply for rechecking of answer sheets within three days after result declaration.
***The Examination Policy is subject to change as per CBSE Guidelines.